This is for day 6 of the break up with meat challenge!
3 tbsp oil
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1 cup marinated shiitake mushrooms or 1 roughly chopped portobello (marinate in salt, oil and vinegar or soy sauce. You can also blend the salt, vinegar and some raw olives together in lieu of soy and marinate with that)
3 stalks scallions
1 – 2 stalks celery
2 – 4 cloves peeled garlic (depends on preference)
1 – 2 carrots
1/4 cauliflower (or parsnip, celeriac, daikon or nuts)
1 medium beet
1/4 cup nenitas (pumpkin seeds)
1 cup ground flax
3/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup raisins
Pinch of salt
Pepper to taste
*mushrooms should be marinated overnight to 24 hours. 🙂 but hey- if you don’t get to it, don’t worry! Just make it without or try to marinate while the tomatoes are soaking!
1. Soak the sun dried tomatoes and raisins for 1 – 2 hours at least. drain them and reserve the water. You can soak together in one bowl for better flavor blending!
2. Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder and then put them in a separate large bowl and add 1 cup water to make them gelatinous. You can use the water from the tomatoes and raisins for added flavor!
3. Mix all the ingredients for the loaf minus the flax seeds in a food processor until they are even consistency. Use the tomato/raisins soak water for added flavor!
4. Add the loaf mixture to the flax seed bowl and mix well until it becomes a very thick consistency. If you want to increase the consistency, add cashew or nut flour (or coconut if you have it) to thicken it up. The more flour you use, the thicker it will be. 🙂 this is where you “knead” the ingredients like meat or dough. If the mix is too dry, add tomato/raisin soak water to moisten it making it easier to knead and blend.
5. Once you have the desired consistency, place it in a loaf pan
6. Now, add the raisins, tomatoes, salt and pepper to the blender or food processor and mix until it is a paste. use the soak water (if any remains) to blend.
7. Add the sauce to the top of the loaf in the pan and dehydrate it overnight.
8. Remove and enjoy!!!!
Serve with (raw) ketchup and some mashed (not) potatoes (or actual potatoes- whatever)! You could substitute many of the ingredients in the loaf for nuts but some of the raw delicacies like this rely heavily on nuts and that becomes too much to digest so I tried a lighter veggie style loaf! You could also use the leftover almondrizo and mock tuna in your loaf for a tasty use for food you’re ready to move on from. 🙂 get creative and enjoy your creation!