Here is a quick and easy new recipe for all you healthy eaters! It’s fruitarian friendly, fulfills your deepest chocolate cravings, packed full of nutrition and plant medicine and is easy on your tummy! And it’s completely safe and delicious for kids despite sounding like medicine with all the amazing natural ingredients in here! Feel confident feeding yourself, friends, family, and little ones this super yum recipe!
First great thing is you don’t need a high speed blender for this recipe! Sometimes if you’re not part of the Blendtec/Vitamix world it can be a bummer when you see these awesome recipes that you can’t make! No worries! This recipe is A-O-K with some slight modifications!
Here’s the High Speed Blender recipe:
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 young Thai coconut and meat
Chai spice or:
grated raw ginger (1/4 teaspoon),
fresh ground nutmeg (1/8 tsp)
fresh ground cloves (1/8 tsp)
fresh ground cinnamon (1/8 tsp)
1. Add all the ingredients and Blend in your high speed blender!
2. Optionally, make your food look amazing with a quick decoration of cacao nibs (crushed cacao beans) and sun dried coconut flakes.
To modify for other blenders, you can substitute:
-date sugar or date paste for pitted dates
-coconut butter for coconut meat
-dried ginger for freshly ground ginger
Okay the benefits of the smoothie are as follows by ingredient:
1. Bananas- makes your eyes more alert to help you focus, contains high amounts of vitamin B6 which regulates blood sugar levels and reduces stress, high in potassium which delivers oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body, high in protein, and high in iron! They help regulate digestion and poop as well! Plus bananas come in their own eco friendly package ready to travel with you no matter where you go! Yay bananas!
2. Coconut- also high in fiber, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants like the banana coconut also has the added benefit of electrolytes in its water! Coconut oil is antibacterial, anti microbial, and reduces inflammation in the body. It also improves the body’s ability to absorb and use calcium making bones and teeth extra healthy! Coconut boosts thyroid function, keep your memory strong, increase metabolism and digestion, and so much more! Entire books have been written on this magical fruit! You’re in good hands, to be to the point, when you include coconut in your diet!
3. Chocolate- cacao is often dubbed the “food of the gods” and there are many reasons- it is one of the highest ranked antioxidant foods known, it releases feel good chemicals in your body and brain reducing stress and increasing happiness. 🙂 Cacao is high in magnesium to help important body processes, digestion, nerve health and muscle function.
4. Dates- Dates have a host of amazing benefits from protecting against stomach cancer, aiding digestion, relieving diarrhea, increase sexual stamina, and protect and increase the health of the heart! Dates are also super high in potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus making them a nutritional powerhouse for your everyday needs!
5. Cinnamon- cinnamon has been shown consistently to aid in blood sugar control which is great if you are diabetic. It also helps satisfy cravings for sweets making you desire less sweet taste and less sweet, sugary foods overall. What sweet food you eat, cinnamon helps to slow release the glucose in your blood stream keeping blood sugar levels stable. Cinnamon also helps with digestion and aids memory as well. 🙂
6. Ginger- ginger is great for the oral health of your mouth, helps digestion, is anti bacterial, anti microbial, anti viral, and anti inflammatory, and prevents and reduces nausea! Ginger also increases circulation from its warming properties, helps lower blood sugar, stop and heal stomach ulcers, and even has anti cancer properties (along with literally every other food listed too)!
7. Nutmeg- Nutmeg helps to increase concentration and brain function and can even improve moods. Nutmeg is anti inflammatory and will reduce pain and ache in the body, improve the look and health of the skin, help you sleep at night, and detox your liver and kidney. Nutmeg is also great for oral health- similar to cloves and will rid the mouth of harmful bacteria that contribute to tooth decay and cavities. 🙂
8. Cloves- Cloves are amazing for oral health, digestion, and contain antibacterial, anti microbial, anti viral and anti inflammatory properties. The properties and benefits of cloves are similar to nutmeg with cloves also
9. Raw Food- consuming food in its natural and uncooked form (raw or sun dried) is healthiest because it reduces the loss of valuable minerals and nutrients, keeps food from spoiling prematurely, and stops the need of unnecessary chemical preservatives! It’s easier for your body to process and actually beautifies and enhances your health as opposed to detracting from it like so many other foods and even “health” foods that use chemical preservatives.
10. Blended Foods- blended foods are fast, easy, and make your nutrients and fiber more available to maximize the health of your foods. 🙂
So who knew that a simple and delicious smoothie could be SO CHOCK FULL of amazing health benefits? I think this one should be called the Excellent-Memory- Better-Digestion-Anti-Cancer drink. 🙂 Oh and Sweet Smiles should be in there somewhere too!